Programs and Services
Southside Services annually supports approximately 200 youth and adults with disabilities. Services are offered in a cheerful and developmentally appropriate manner from our East Lake Street location, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Services are also offered in the community typically 3-4 weekday evenings, and on Saturday and Sunday.
Of those served:
- 79% live independently and 21% live semi-independently in board and care facilities, group homes or other supervised housing arrangements.
- 15% are children ages 0-17, 34% are ages 18-39 and 51% are ages 40 and above.
- 57% are male and 43% are female.
- 70% are Minneapolis residents (typically living within 3 miles of our East Lake Street office),100% are considered “in poverty”
- 75% work or regularly volunteer on a part-time basis
- 4% are licensed drivers.